Insert Song

Let us know about any problems in SongBeamer
connan

Insert Song

Post by connan »

The [Insert] [Song] Find Song functionality currently requires a character to be typed into the Text box before a Results listing is displayed.

Can this be changed so that all songs are automatically displayed in the Results box and then selectively displayed depending on the characters inserted into the Text box?

This would allow users to scroll through the song list instead of initially being forced into potentially reducing the songs returned from a search, even if just an "a" character was typed.

For example, there are 700 songs in my folder.

Entering a space with "Search in Title" selected only displays 680.
Entering an "a" with "Search in Title" selected only displays 680.

Thanks.

Nicholas
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

We can do that, but it will be optional. The reason is that the Windows Listbox control is not very optimized for large amounts of data. Some of our users have several thousands of songs.

You can find this option in the options dialog (Tools->Options->Other->Find Songs) in the next update.
Last edited by Sebastian on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
grodysk

Post by grodysk »

Related to the prev post, i am an OpenSong user wanting to use your product.

I have lots of folders, with a few to a hundreds of songs in each.

I don't want to visually scan all my songs when looking for several that i know are in a particular folder such as "Kids Bible". I just want to select what folder to look in, and see what songs i want to use. Having the search work with in that folder or All would be like it is in OpenSong which works very well for that feature. ??
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

We have decided to add a folder selection option.