Export doesn't export the xxx.col file

Everything about SongBeamer
Juggledad

Export doesn't export the xxx.col file

Post by Juggledad »

If I was to create a schedule - for say Christmas - and I Did a 'Save Schedule as...' and call it Christmas - a file is created called Christmas.col. The shcedule with all it's items.

Lets say I drop the schedule and work on something else. Now I want to move the Christmas schedule to another computer. I Open the schedule Christmas.col and do an export. I move the zip file to the new machine and import it.

If I drop the schedule then try to re-open the Christmas.col - it is nowhere to be found, it doesn't come over as part of the export.

It would be nice if SongBeamer had to name a .col file instead of using a default one. It would give the user the oppertunity to work on multiple schedules
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

If you export a schedule into a zip file, that schedule will be included in the zip file as 'schedule.col'. When you import the schedule on another PC, then it will open that schedule. If you want to keep the imported schedule then you should save it.

But I think we'll add an option that SongBeamer will ask for a filename when you select "New Schedule" or "Close" and the schedule hasn't been saved yet.
Juggledad

Post by Juggledad »

ok, I was confused since I had just opened a schedule called 'Traditional' and at the bottom of the SongBeamer window it displayed 'Traditional.col'

I expected the export would use that name for the schedule and the import would create a schedule with the same name.

And since it was opened from the folder I had everything else in, and the import creates that folder, I expected to see the schedule in it also.
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

Ok, now I got the bug. The filename in the statusbar doesn't update after the import. We will fix that.