Live video overlay (video from a live camera)

Let us know about any problems in SongBeamer
joshnorton

Live video overlay (video from a live camera)

Post by joshnorton »

Hi there,

My church has some high quality video/camera equiptment and we often hook it up to the multimedia computer via a tv capture card. In the current software we use (Easyworship), you can add this live video feed as a song background. Is this possible with SongBeamer?

I case it's not, and someone else asks, the other option is to use a program called D-Scaler to capture the video signal on the computer, route the image to a system colour (like some winamp visualisations do) and set that background colour as the song background colour in SongBeamer. This is what we currently have to do with easyworship as it doesn't play nice with our video capture card, but if songbeamer works without d-scaler it would simplify the process somewhat.

So back to my original question, is it possible to use a live video feed as a song background in SongBeamer, and if so, how would I achieve it?

Kind regards,

Josh.
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

Yes, SongBeamer supports Live-Video. Click Insert->Live-Video (or click on the live video icon in the toolbar). Then select your video device and click the play button. The small arrow next to the input device will start the preview. The other play button will start the presentation. Some capture cards require that you also select the input channel (S-Video, composite, ...).

We have already done a lot of customizations for different capture cards. So if it doesn't work for you, please let me know what capture card you're using and I'll see what we can do.
joshnorton

Post by joshnorton »

Thanks, this program is awesome, and cheap in comparision to your compeditors. In my opinion, as a seasoned user of the compeditors, yours is much better.