Should <wordwrap>...</wordrap> honor or ignore e

Everything about SongBeamer
Juggledad

Should <wordwrap>...</wordrap> honor or ignore e

Post by Juggledad »

I'm playing with the HTML feature. If I use <wordwrap>...</wordwrap> with a long string of text, it wraps it nicely, however if I add a CR in the string, it creates a new line at that point and keeps wrapping till the </wordwrap>.

While I can see a logic in this, to be consistant with HTML (which ignores all extra spaces and cr's), shouldn't the only time you cause a new line in a <wordwrap>...</wordrap> be if there is a <br> imbedded?

And in a <wordwrap>...</wordrap> pair, shuldn't extra spaces be ignored?
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

In SongBeamer we're trying to be more consistant with a text editor than with html, because that is what most of our customers seem to expect.

This means a new line will start a new paragraph, and <br> starts a new line.

In a song we prefer to have line breaks where they "make sense". I think this is easier for the congregation to follow. So the wordwrap tag is really discouraged for use in songs, but sometimes it can be very useful. (At the German Royal Rangers Bundescamp SongBeamer was used for displaying the songs on 3 LED walls. The challenge was to display text on a resolution of 640x480 using a much bigger font than usual without having to reformat the entire songs).
When using the global wordwrap function the text output should be similar to the text output without wordwrap, except for the wordwrap.
Juggledad

Post by Juggledad »

Ok, that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure that was the design and not a 'bug'.