Multiple simultaneous projection outputs/formats?

Everything about SongBeamer
wnpaul

Multiple simultaneous projection outputs/formats?

Post by wnpaul »

Our sanctuary is relatively low-ceilinged, with the unfortunate result that folks in the back cannot see the bottom half of the screen, especially when everyone is standing.

So we would like to mount two flat screen monitors left and right about half-way to the back of the sanctuary.

But of course the native resolution of any larger flat screen is much higher than the maximum resolution of our projector. Hardware-wise this means putting in an extra graphics card and setting it to the resolution of the monitors, while the second output remains at the projector's resolution.

Question is: can Songbeamer drive two projection outputs at different resolutions? If it cannot do so now, could this be added relatively soon, or do we need to look for a different solution?
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

There is no built-in support for that at the moment. I will need to do some research before I can tell for sure how much work it would be. But I think it could be done relatively soon.

Another option is to synchronize two instances of SongBeamer. You can run them on the same PC or on a second PC using a network connection. Not everything is supported yet, but it works perfectly for songs and some other things. This needs a small utility from us. We could make it available within a few days.

Which of these two options do you prefer?
grunt2001c

Post by grunt2001c »

why don't you get VGA splitter. that might solve the problem.
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

The image will probably not look very good when using a VGA splitter, because the screens have a different resolution. So the image would have to be scaled by the screens.
leecarter

Multiple monitors

Post by leecarter »

I currently run 5 monitors. 3 different resolutions. I built my computer, but basically I have a Gigabyte mb with AMD graphics. ATi Radeon HD 3200. Then added a video card with Radeon HD 4650. Both mb and graphics card support the Crossfire program that comes with AMD and ATi. You can set the resolutions individually. I run my TV monitors from s-video. Not as good, but you can run 100ft without amplification. If you use the HDMI or DVI or VGA, will require amplification over 25ft. $$. I built my complete system (computer, 19" monitor x2, 17" monitor, Vista) for less that $900. Got 5000 lumen projector with long throw lens from a theatre for $700. I run the projector, one 19" monitor, and the s-video off one output using a splitter. The other 19" monitor is my working desktop, and the 17" monitor is for Windows media player.