SongBeamer Forums Forum Index SongBeamer Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insert Song

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SongBeamer Forums Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Insert Song Reply with quote

The [Insert] [Song] Find Song functionality currently requires a character to be typed into the Text box before a Results listing is displayed.

Can this be changed so that all songs are automatically displayed in the Results box and then selectively displayed depending on the characters inserted into the Text box?

This would allow users to scroll through the song list instead of initially being forced into potentially reducing the songs returned from a search, even if just an "a" character was typed.

For example, there are 700 songs in my folder.

Entering a space with "Search in Title" selected only displays 680.
Entering an "a" with "Search in Title" selected only displays 680.

Thanks.

Nicholas
Sebastian
SongBeamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can do that, but it will be optional. The reason is that the Windows Listbox control is not very optimized for large amounts of data. Some of our users have several thousands of songs.

You can find this option in the options dialog (Tools->Options->Other->Find Songs) in the next update.

Last edited by Sebastian on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
grodysk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related to the prev post, i am an OpenSong user wanting to use your product.

I have lots of folders, with a few to a hundreds of songs in each.

I don't want to visually scan all my songs when looking for several that i know are in a particular folder such as "Kids Bible". I just want to select what folder to look in, and see what songs i want to use. Having the search work with in that folder or All would be like it is in OpenSong which works very well for that feature. ??
Sebastian
SongBeamer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have decided to add a folder selection option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SongBeamer Forums Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: