Additional User-Defineable Folders

Let us know what you would like to see in future releases
connan

Additional User-Defineable Folders

Post by connan »

Add to the Folders tab under Options, the following user-defineable folders:

- Video
- Sound/Music

Our files are stored under folders that currently require navigating to each time a Video or Sound/Music file needs to be added, so having these folders defined in SongBeamer will reduce workload, especialy for someone who doesn't setup Schedules regularly and is unsure where files are stored.

For example, we have:

Video
C:\Users\Derby Baptist Church\Videos

Sound/Music
C:\Users\Derby Baptist Church\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Various Artists

Thanks.
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

We've aready added a folder for videos to the next major version, which is currently in development. We haven't decided about a folder found Sound/Music yet, but I think it makes sense.

Did you know that you can also add items using drag&drop from Windows Explorer? If iTunes also supports the standard Windows file drag&drop operations, it should work from there, too. But I haven't tested that.
connan

Post by connan »

I see that in version 4.0Beta, you have included a few extra options for Folders. - these being for Background Images and Background Videos.

Should the option for Videos, be just for Videos, not Background Videos?

Also, will there be a user-defeinable folder for Sound/Music?

Thanks.
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

The intention for this folder was for background videos. This is where the background manager will look for videos. But it could be used for anything.

It is very likely that we'll add a few extended options where you can select a default folder for everything that can be added from the insert menu.