Uploading Videos

Everything about SongBeamer
JNAOkine

Uploading Videos

Post by JNAOkine »

Hi, Whenever I try uploading a Video, I receive an error Message.
What am I doing wrong and how do we Upload videos Properly unto SongBeamer that it can be viewed at Church?
Jacob N. A. Okine
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

Usually the error message contains a very good hint about what is going wrong. Could you please post the exact text of the error message?
JNAOkine

Uploading/Playing Videos

Post by JNAOkine »

Hi Sebastian,
Here is the error message I always receive whenever I tried Playing a Video stream:
"Pins cannot connect due to NOT supporting the same transport
($80040266). (&80040266)
"

Please make your explanations/Guidelines as to a "little child" because I am NOT a Computer Expert.
Thanks.
Jacob N. A. Okine
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

I think you need some DirectShow codecs for this video type. This is the piece of software that decompresses a video so that it can be watched on the screen.
When you click on that video in the schedule with your right mouse button, and select properties from the popup menu, SongBeamer will open the properties dialog. That dialog should have a section with the name "Codec". What does that say? What is the file extension of the video? This is the last letters of the filename like .avi, .mpg, ....
JNAOkine

Post by JNAOkine »

Hi Sebastian,

There was no "Codec" section as I opened the Dialogue box of the "Properties" of the Video.

The file name has the Extension ".MTS"

Hope to hear from you soon.
Stay blessed.
Jacob N. A. Okine
Sebastian
SongBeamer

Post by Sebastian »

*.MTS is a bit tricky because it is a relatively new format. If you have Windows 7 then you should be able to play those videos after doing the following steps:

Please download and install the file MatroskaSplitter from the following page:
http://haali.su/mkv/
The download link is in the upper right.

The *.mts file we have also have ac3 encoded audio. Please download and install the AC3 Filter from here (Lite edition should be enough):
http://ac3filter.net/wiki/Download_AC3Filter

Operating systems older than Windows 7 do not support this video type. But you could still try those steps.